Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Best of 2011 - Part 4

It's true that when you enjoy what you are doing, it always comes off better. 'Play' is an element is tried this year and was quite satisfied with the results. What I'm even more glad about is the fact that these were appreciated as well. With the 'Play' element I tried doing some fun stuff, worked different angles, worked on 'lines', used the available lights to better effect, shot candid and may be even a mix. However, there still is a long way to go on this element along with portraits, which I am not good with. 


3. Regent Street Glowing at Night

Yes, Regent Street in London is a shopping paradise. But it is also a photographers paradise especially at night. There is so much to shoot; the architecture, lights, people, motion, kids and the entire feel and atmosphere is just so right. I didn't use a tripod and went on a percentage basis because I tend to get 40-50% of the shots at 1/4, 1/3, and 1/2 a second exposures.

This one's a personal favourite too; I got a lady posing for a shot (at the expense on a portion of the 1st building), motion, the entire buzz, the lovely lit buildings, a sense of depth with the curving line and even the moon. Regent Street offered a lot of interest to me and also to viewers. Regent Street Glowing at Night, The Buzzing Regent Street and The Old Architecture Off Regent Streets were posts that captured a lot of interest. 
2. Love is in the Air

 Finally a Macro! Yeah, I didn't shoot too many of them this year anyways but I was fortunate to see some amazing Macros via Macro Monday. This shot was in the monsoons just after a light shower. And that's why the rose and foliage look so very fresh. The initial feedback was with one complain that one leaf is a little distracting, which today I tend to agree. But the intention was to show the bond between the rose and the leaves, which is why the angle and this shot. Nonetheless, it is widely appreciated for the freshness and may be the warmth that it left. The original post that includes another shot with the comments can be viewed here.

 Woo...that gets me to the doorstep of No. 1, the people's champion hands down and my personal favourite as well! Any guesses? 

In the meanwhile, if you've missed the earlier posts from this series, here are Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.

And of course, the finale from Part 5.  




Bookmark and Share    Tweet This    Buy art 

9 comments:

  1. Love the night shot, so full of energy and, of course, the rose!!! Exquisite capture! Always a delight to start my day with some of your photos, Rohit! Hope your week is going well. Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something special about that glowing. Looks like gold! Is it gold?:-)
    I love to come over to take some pictures of London soon..

    Hope you have a great evening:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are talking about motion in the first part of the post. Correct me if I m wrong. I am not a big fan of macros but this one is good.

    Can't guess, spill the beans:) The water/bridge shot from London.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sylvia - tx so much so that lovely compliment :), the week's good and all ready for a new year!

    @Tania - I'm glad :) n gold or not, those buildings look quite priceless!

    @Saru - Not all of it but yea, motion certianly. And the beans have been spilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful rose and drops - lovely macro (visiting from i heart macro) karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Macro of the rose.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you Ida and wish u a fab 2012 as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... the street glowing picture is just amazing... wish u a happy new year...

    ReplyDelete

Appreciation is encouraging and criticism will help me get better. Please do leave your feedback...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home   ||   About & Contact   ||   Featured Work   ||   Travel   ||   Buy