Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Best of 2011 - Part 2

In 2011 I worked harder on my photography, read a lot more and experimented a lot more. I also broadened my horizon from landscape, macro and travel photography to people, candid and street photography. Street photography can be quite fun and can produce some great candid, as I learnt. The Ganesh Chaturthi had a lot of challenging and interesting moments and so did my walkabouts in London. The best part about street photography is the unexpected bonus; I'm sure you'll be able to relate when you seen the photographs from this next set. 

8. Another Tie - Romantic Dinner and The Boy Playing with the Water Fountain

A Romantic Dinner: I was heading back home (thankfully with my camera) on a pleasant evening in London. The architecture in London, of the buildings, monuments, houses, pubs, restaurants, bridges and almost all of it, has always amazed me. After a shot of very lively and interesting pub, I caught a glimpse of this couple seemingly having a lovely quiet romantic dinner. Even more so because they were the only ones at that point in time; perfect isn't it? May not be the best shot, but works pretty well for a street/candid, doesn't it? This shot was taken at Hammersmith, London, where I managed quite a few candids, which can be seen here. You can also view the original post and comments here.

A Young Boy Playing with a Water Fountain: If I haven't sold street photography yet, this one should. I don't think there is much to say except the stress on the unexpected bonus; here the little toddler seeing from the sidelines, almost wanting to jump in and join. Also, all three potential subjects are doing their own thing in that little space. This post was quite a hit and so were other similar posts like London, Clear Blue Skies and Streaks, Street Cafes and Bakeries and An English Summer in Autumn


7. Bird Of Prey

Yes, you do need a bit of luck with candid shots; often you just get that little fraction to get 'THE' shot, within which you'll of course need to consider the applicable aspects of photography as well. It's evident as in the case with this shot too; when I reached here, the cat clawed and dug its teeth in its prey and hadn't noticed me. 30 seconds later (and even many minutes thereafter) this is what I got.You can view the original post and its comments here.


This wraps up Part 2 of the Best of 2011. Do let me know what you think on candid and street photography and also share your shots. 

You can also view Part 1, Part 3 and Part 4 of this series.

And of course, the finale from Part 5.   

Participating for: Shadow Shot Sunday         


Bookmark and Share    Tweet This    Buy art 

8 comments:

  1. These are indeed superb captures, Rohit! You do have such a great eye for a perfect shot and each one tells its own story! Terrific! Hoping you have a great year ahead and share lots more photos with us!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture from the fountain is wonderful and fit so well in b/w. Just love it:-)

    Hope you have a blessed Christmas time.

    Greetings from Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last shot is almost hard to look at because of the bird, but is such a great shot at the same time. Definitely a candid, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvia...I hope so too and hope to see a lot more great sky shots from u!

    tx tania - im sure u had a great xmas!

    @BF - tx...i kw...a bit graphic but its great to have got a lion safari shot in the city...hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful sense of a moment lit with the light of gentle light of romance! I remember the photo of the two little boys! The young blonde haired boy's entranced expression fascinated me! Here the shadows heighten the magical drama of the moment! And those huge eyes of the cat are quite unnerving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful pictures - they are absolutely lovely (and the brid of prey is a bit creepy - lol)... You are very talented!
    Hugs, Antonella :-)
    P.S. I am also participating in SSS2, and I've created a free printable / digi with the shadow quote this week...
    join me here: http://quilling.blogspot.com/2012/01/simply-sunday-shadow-shot-january-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! Poor bird.

    Set of Eyes Shadow. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. tx Gemma, Antonella and Chuskulit

    ReplyDelete

Appreciation is encouraging and criticism will help me get better. Please do leave your feedback...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home   ||   About & Contact   ||   Featured Work   ||   Travel   ||   Buy